More details about the upcoming Oct 4th incubator (that you should apply to) :)
Click here to view this email in a web browser
(Check out this post I just put up on LinkedIn)
In this week’s episode of Ventures, my guest Mike Anderson and I discuss in much greater detail the syllabus, ideal candidates, and time commitment of the new ideation incubator that we introduced in Episode 112. We talk in depth about the range of founders who should apply (from “pre-idea” to “pre-seed” teams), the outcomes of the incubator, info sessions on Fridays leading up to Oct 4th start, the minimal time commitment required, and a short synopsis of each of the 16 sessions of the program in October, November, and December of 2022. As a quick reminder, this incubator is free and 100% remote; we are happy to serve and welcome founders at the idea stage from all over the world.
Check it out: Incubator Deep Dive: FAQ and syllabus details of the upcoming startup ideation cohort hosted by Prota Ventures (Oct 4th Start, Apply Today) :: with Mike Anderson
The Syllabus Overview
We talk about each of these 16 sections at the timestamp in this week’s episode indicated here:
- 15:10 - Session 1 - The Idea
- 16:49 - Session 2 - The Market
- 18:03 - Session 3 - The Team (more than just your co-founders)
- 18:42 - Session 4 - Surveys
- 19:36 - Session 5 - Interviews
- 21:30 - Session 6 - Vision (see Jim Collins’ book BE 2.0)
- 22:49 - Session 7 - Branding
- 23:20 - Session 9-10 - Writing/Designing/Creating a Landing Page
- 25:07 - Session 11 - Marketing
- 26:03 - Session 12 - Designing the Prototype
- 26:25 - Session 13 - Internal showcase
- 27:00 - Session 14-15 - Pitch Deck (even at idea stage)
- 28:26 - Session 16 - Demo day
The exact schedule is currently planned as follows:
Between this schedule and the details of each session that we talk about in the podcast this week, this should give you hopefully a MUCH clearer idea of what we’ll be covering, what to expect, and why you should apply (https://www.protaventures.com/labs).
Importantly, what we learned from last Friday’s information session was that many founders are at various stages of their “idea” already; from back-of-napkin thoughts to full-blown pitch decks. As long as you aren’t already read for your seed round (e.g. revenue and rapidly growing customer base), then it would be advantageous for you to take advantage of this program and apply.
Feel free to reply to this email with any questions. THANK YOU, in advance, for forwarding this email to anyone you think should apply. Feel free to point them to this LinkedIn post as well from last week.
Have a great rest of your week!