Practical tips for getting up to speed on Web 3
In this week’s episode of Ventures, I sit down with Yannick Folla (https://twitter.com/y_folla) to discuss an introduction to Web 3 for product managers looking to get quickly up to speed to add value to the Web 3 ecosystem. We discuss practical aspects of how to build with DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, decentralized patterns, specific networks, layer 1 vs. layer 2 technologies, and more. We also take specific product development examples within Figment.io’s business and use those as teaching opportunities for a broad audience.
Highlights from the show notes
Many amazing resources were mentioned in the episode, but here are the key highlights:
- https://a16z.com/2018/02/10/crypto-readings-resources/ - this page is an absolute beast in terms of available homework to read, but it’s worth diving in.
- https://www.matthewball.vc/the-metaverse-primer - According to Yannick (and I tend to agree), the metaverse is going to usher in “the iPhone moment” for Web 3. Matthew’s primer articles are fantastic.
- https://blog.polygon.technology/aragon-brings-dao-creation-management-to-polygon/ - extremely helpful article to learn how to get started creating a DAO.
- Learn DeFi buy diving into https://uniswap.org/, https://aave.com/, and https://www.kraken.com/en-us/learn/what-is-yearn-finance-yfi.
- https://a16z.com/2021/04/02/nfts-readings-resources/ - NFT Cannon. A ton to learn here, but what’s most important to understand is that NFTs are a LOT more than just ownership over images of cats and apes.
- And of course check out https://figment.io/ to learn more about their staking services, Hubble, DataHub, and Figment Learn.
Have a great rest of your week!